Being human, we have a gap in our lives where we too quickly grow acclimated to those things in life we want to be grateful for. I’m as guilty as anyone. I fail to stop to reflect on all the beauty and love around. This opportunity slips by when I’m focused on my todo list, rushing around here and there. I often forget that each day I’m alive, a new day before me, an opportunity to impact the world in a small but positive way.
Let’s not miss this opportunity and fail to be fully human.
What kind of opportunities does gratitude bring us?
- How about the opportunity to see the positive in others.
- How about the opportunity to connect with the wonders of the world around us. The people, the things in our world and also the ideas alive.
- How about the opportunity to express love for those who support our existence and for all the things that also support us.
- How about the opportunity to involve ourselves with the caring of life, the nurturing of happiness.
- How about the opportunity to be at peace with just what is happening now.
- How about the opportunity to reflect on our own motivation rather lacking or complete.
- How about the opportunity to be happy for the lack of pain, suffering and anger in this very moment.